Friday, May 15, 2015

There's good news...and there's bad news.

This is the post that I thought I wouldn't have to do for a couple more years.  Unfortunately this damn disease is getting ready for its last kick at the can.  My lung function has significantly decreased and my limbs, neck, and core muscles continue their deterioration.  I have been referred to the Palliative Care Team.  These referrals happen when there is a life expectancy of around six months.

That was the bad news.

The good news is that I still have a smile on my face.  I've had nice visits from family and friends, and I still find joy every day.

On June 6th I will be participating in my last walk for ALS...if you would like to donate, here is the link:
 https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?registrationID=2809917&langPref=en-CA&Referrer=&Referrer=http://www.walkforals.ca/en/bc

1 comment:

  1. I just want to share my story so i can reach out to others. My mom was diagnosed with ALS (Lou gehrig's disease) in the summer of 2013. She is my best friend and all i have got in this world. And I was scared because when the doctor told me about how deadly this disease is i could not help but cry. She suffered all through the time, she could no longer walk as all her bones were weak, speak or even eat, this were years of torment as i have never seen anything like it or ever been so scared in my life and i wept as the days go by. We tried several drugs like Riluzole, and various therapy that was prescribed by the doctor but it came out even worse as she became very thin. She is 65 years old. I actually thought i was going to loose her after all i have spent. I was in church one day when a fellow in the christian faith told me about a doctor who has a cure and that this doctor had cured a colleague she knew suffered from ALS, i was in shock and recalled the doctor once told me there was no cure, she gave me the doctor's contact and i contacted him and told him all we have been through and he told me about his very effective herbal medicine that treats it permanently, though at that time i did not believe but i wanted my mom to be okay again so i decided to give a try and he sent me the medicine which i gave her as instructed by the doctor. In a month time i was amazed at the improvement and by the second month she was completely okay, during all these times she did not experience any side effects. To confirm all these we went back to the doctor to confirm, he ran all the tests and found no trace of ALS in her again. Today my mom can run, jog, eat and speak fine without any assistance currently she is baby sitting my daughter and till now she is still very strong. If you are suffering from ALS (Lou gehrig's disease) do not die in silence because there is still hope for you. Contact the doctor on (josephalberteo@gmail.com) i am very sure he can help you too.

    ReplyDelete