Monday, March 18, 2013

The Struggle Continues ...

 ... that is the motto of the union that I proudly belonged to for many years, but it could also be the motto of living with this disease.
ALS is progressively degenerative and with each new change comes the challenge of adapting how to do things or knowing when to ask for help.
As a couple, we are on a giant learning curve that keeps changing.
I have lost strength in my arms and my legs.My hands have lost a lot of their functional ability and my fingers rest in a curved position.Happily, my breathing has not been compromised yet. In fact, my last breathing test was slightly better than the one before.
 Just as I was prepared for the "struggle" during my working life, I am prepared for it in my life now.
I may be losing muscle, but I'm not losing spirit.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment